photo home-63.png photo about-52.png photo portfolio-4.png photo contact-51.png

Monday, October 18, 2010

A Little Something

Just a quick update to let you know that all is well here in our neck of the woods. We’re a month into fall and already the calendar is filling up with obligations both anticipated (Halloween parties!) and dreaded (termite tenting, ugh).

P is really thriving in preschool, which both thrills and depresses me: thrilling to see her developing into such a happy, social little person and depressing that time speeds along with no regard for our feelings. Ah, the paradoxical nature of parenthood.

We are still doing work in and around our home. The backyard patio, formerly known as the “scary dirt patch that Jenn avoids at all costs” is pretty much done. I’ve been scouring the web for some cute outdoor fabric (which apparently is an oxymoron) to have cushions made for a large bench we installed out there, but have had no such luck. Admittedly my search has slowed due to the rain we’re getting in LA, but I’ll keep you posted on anything I find. As soon as the rain stops, I’ll take a photo of our progress thus far so you have a visual. In the meantime, if anyone knows where to find indoor/outdoor blue ikat, please speak up!

Luckily, we did manage to find P some rain boots before the storms hit this week. (What is it about pretty rubber boots that becomes the best part of a rainy day?) Here she is showing them off before venturing out on a worm hunt yesterday:



I did finally, however, have that cameo portrait of P framed. (I had it made for C for Valentine’s Day. Yes, I’m aware that was nine months ago. What’s your point?) The framer tried to talk me into a linen or pink accent mat, but I really wanted to keep it modern and simple looking—nothing overly precious. What do you all think? (It’s kind of a terrible iPhone photo and it looks crooked on the wall, but it’s not in person. Also, please ignore my “dormant” orchid, thank you.)



Hope you’re all keeping cozy on this gloomy Monday. Now back to my Earl Grey…

xoxo

No comments:

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K