photo home-63.png photo about-52.png photo portfolio-4.png photo contact-51.png

Friday, March 13, 2015

#ProjectLakeHouse

Happy Friday!

Last year was kind of an insane year for our family for all sorts of reasons, and there are no signs of things slowing down, so we've been looking for a place to get away to on the weekends (or even play hooky during the week!). Someplace that's within driving distance that we could run off to at a moment's notice (i.e, not have to worry about packing), and we kind of settled on Lake Arrowhead. Ahh... Even just typing it, I can feel my blood pressure dropping.

Ninety minutes from us, we found a little slice of heaven to escape to. At least, it will be once I get my little fingers on it. It's definitely a fixer of the late 90's variety: lots of tongue and groove (that's T&G to you city folk), weird paint applications and lacquer. So. Much. Lacquer.  Exhibit A:





Exhibit B, etc...:








Need I go on? This does not sway me at all. I have faith in the power of white paint. I'm thinking modern rustic. I'm thinking locally sourced antiques meets West Elm meets etsy.  Some pictures so you can see where my heads at:















It's all cosmetic, really. And at the end of the day, it's all about this view:



Sigh... 

Hope you'll follow along as we update our woodsy weekend abode!


No comments:

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K