photo home-63.png photo about-52.png photo portfolio-4.png photo contact-51.png

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Before + After: Toy Closet Reveal!


A few weeks ago I got fed up with the toys situation in Penelope's closet and decided to get our act together. Here are the grainy "before" photos (sorry for the cell pics!): 


The white Pottery Barn cabinet was from our apartment five years ago, but we shoved it in P's closet during the move and forgot about it. The "small toy" baskets, although a nice idea, were totally impractical for us--P was constantly calling me to pull them down for her. Which also meant I had to put them all away for her when she was done. Uh, no thanks.


Here's P looking totally confused that I'm taking pictures of the mess. You can see now why I was so disgusted with it. 

Gross...



And here is the "after." The Ikea Trofast storage system is GREAT. P loves having special drawers for her toys: two for the "smalls," one for the "biggies," and one that's "ponies only" (yep, we have that many ponies). They are super light weight, so she can pull them all the way out and carry them to whatever room she wants to play in. For $40, I am pretty thrilled with it.





 Every other shelf just got a general straightening which I hope to fine tune even more throughout the fall...





Same goes for linens--I can spot three things in the photo that I should just toss right now.  Eh, maybe later...




Anyway, that's where we're at with things on Project Toy Control. It's not perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than what it used to be!

xoxo

No comments:

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K