photo home-63.png photo about-52.png photo portfolio-4.png photo contact-51.png

Thursday, January 3, 2013

On My Mind: Winterized Beauty


If you know me well, you know I am a bit of a product junkie. C likes to tease me about it, but I've always had a really hard time with skin care, and I've experimented with almost every brand under the sun. Unfortunately, I've found that any change in climate causes a reaction for me, and ever since the heater has come on, I've had to switch to my "Winter Routine." Here's the breakdown, in painstaking detail.

AM

Clarisonic + Lancer Dermatology Cleanser:

 

First and foremost, a humidifier is a must for me; the air is so dry here that the first few years I lived out here, I would get sinus infections every winter like clockwork. A nice side effect is that it makes a huge improvement in skin tone. I've also had a LOT of luck with the Lancer Dermatology line and have used this cleanser for almost three years, which is like a world record for me. I can't recommend Dr. Lancer's products enough! I also can't live without my Clarisonic. I follow the cleanser with Lancer's Nourish AM/PM cream and Lancome High Resolution eye cream, which is okay:


 Lancer Nourish AM/PM cream + Lancome High Resolution Eye:


I smush some of Lancer's sunscreen into my face and neck, and follow the whole thing with a Mario Badescu Facial Spray misting.

Mario Badescu Facial Spray:



PM

When I'm super dry, I take off my makeup with Lancome's Creme Confort Mousse, but I'd like to give this Bobbi Brown cleanser a shot when I run out. I follow with the Lancer Nourish AM/PM mixed with a few drops of Josie Maran Argan Oil or sometimes just the straight oil.

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Cleanser + Josie Maran Argan Oil:
 


Nothing beats Kiehl's Creme de Corps, especially when mixed with a few drops of the Josie Maran oil:




It's a total splurge, but I often use La Mer lip balm as a salve on super dry patches:



 

Followed by a mix of these two miracle workers on ends only before I blow my hair out.






...and voila! My winter-proofed ritual.

What's your routine? I love hearing about other people's product experiences.

xoxo




No comments:

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K