photo home-63.png photo about-52.png photo portfolio-4.png photo contact-51.png

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

To Be Filed Under "Keep Dreaming"

As you all know, we moved into a new place this past July. For a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is my obsession with design, we are only now starting to get our act together, decoratively speaking. Moving from a somewhat stark white traditional in Silverlake to a Spanish-Craftsman mash-up in Hancock Park has been a real challenge for me. But I'm determined to make our mid-century modern meets the set of "Atonement" style work. Yeah, you're wishing me luck with that right now, aren't you.

The plan is to take it one room at a time and first up is the den. So far our English roll arm sofa is looking right at home in there. I have a chair out for reupholstery at the moment that I can't wait to get back in a few weeks. But the big ticket item I'm searching for is the rug. I have an idea of what I want, but I thought I'd share some of these INSANE beauties that I'd probably have to sell more than one organ to afford.


the queen, Kelly Wearstler






Robin Karp Interiors


my beloved Gemma, Madeline Weinrib

Can you see where I'm going with this thing?

xoxo

No comments:

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K