photo home-63.png photo about-52.png photo portfolio-4.png photo contact-51.png

Monday, September 10, 2012

Cutting Clutter: the Kiddie Edition

Happy Monday! How was everyone's weekend? Ours was packed with multiple parties for the preschool set (One of them had a punk cover band, which I had to literally drag P out of,  saying, "Mommy, I loooove rock'n'roll parties!" Grrrreat.), some significant home purchases (stay tuned!) and many episodes of Boardwalk Empire Season 2 (trying to finish before Season 3 starts!).

Tomorrow is P's first day back at preschool. She's starting her last year before kindergarten, and while part of me is excited to have her back in school all day, I'm also sad that this will be the last year of toddlerhood. I'm not sure if I can even call her that anymore since she's four, can I? I mean, I still have to shop in the baby section at GapKids, so that must mean something, right?

Anyway, with the school year upon us, I'm anxious to get her extremely scary toy situation under control. Right now her big toys have taken over prime real estate in the room, which I've dubbed Hoarder's Corner. And then there's the closet. Oh, the closet. Do you remember Monica's crazy closet on Friends? Yeah, it's that bad. I took some pictures to share with you, but I can't even bring myself to post them until there's an "after" to compare it to. So I'm going to start with some inspiration and hopefully have those comparison shots by the week's end.

TROFAST Storage combination IKEA A sufficient number of guide rails are included for you to be able to combine as many boxes/shelves as you like.
Was considering these Ikea Trofast bins in a client's home, and I kinda love.

Storage_DownWire_Collection_GY
Land of Nod mesh baskets



Jordan Ferney's living room/home office/playroom
Lisa Mahar's playroom--amazing!
Adore this toy box DIY from Little Green Notebook, but only one box for toys?? Really??
My favorite, Hillary Thomas Designs.
I don't have room for a window seat but I love the shelving concept.*
Bookshelves! By Kelly Wearstler
Always loved this Palmer Weiss playroom--simple, sophisticated and surprising.


Anyone have any great organization tips? I'm going to start with a major purge and go from there, but I'm welcoming any and all advice!

xoxo

No comments:

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K