photo home-63.png photo about-52.png photo portfolio-4.png photo contact-51.png

Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Update: Front Porch Reveal

Happy Monday, friends. How was your weekend? I can't lie; I'm bummed it's over. We had the best weather and spent almost every sunlit hour outside. We made another trip to Rolling Greens where P checked out the peonies...


I grabbed a few more sweet peas (I'm obsessed)...


We logged hours on these new loungers that finally came in this week (loungers from HD Buttercup)...

Getting a new umbrella and more pillows soon.
Dragged some pots around on the back patio (*You can really see our new green trim paint here. All the trim used to be this horrible peeling brown. I guess the previous owner thought it was a nice nod to the craftsman elements of the house, but I hated it. The new color is a BM Aura copy of Farrow and Ball "Card Room Green." For those curious about the quality of the copy, it's not 100% but close enough for me in this scenario; I don't know that I would copy it for indoors, though.)...


In front porch news, we've done a little zhushing up there, too. This is the view of the front door when you walk in the gate (it's kind of long so the whole left side of the house didn't fit in the picture.)


I finally pulled the trigger on a plant/planter. Initially I thought I would go with a gardenia for the smell (I knew we'd only get blossoms once a year but I was okay with that), but when we saw this lime tree, we looked at each other and said, "Vodka Tonic Tree!" I'm serious. 

Chairs and cushions are old Pottery Barn; blue pillows are West Elm; garden stool is Home Goods; tree and planter are from Rolling Greens Nursery.

We stuck a few pink jasmine plants in there and the smell is delicious. Makes our whole front room smell incredible. The porch is long and narrow, so pardon the multiple awkward shots. You can also kind of see the overhang here which used to be brown as well (blech). I'm really happy with the green.


One last shot so you can see the planter, which is such a pretty mint green in person.



The last thing left to get is a new doormat. I found this one that I really like, but it's not quite big enough. If I could find a slightly oversized one, that would be my pick.

via


Also love this classic style. This is a great size, too:

via

I also saw these cute planters from Threshold at Target while searching for a larger doormat. They're so pretty, no?



via
via

What have you done to spruce up for spring? 


No comments:

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K